Monday, September 27, 2010

Dreams So Far Away

They look at me and they say no, and in a sense I say no to because out there in the distance it's so fuzzy like I see but I don’t see. Then I look down at my feet and see that my first step is my second step, and on and on like I ain't movin no where. I turn to my left and them niggas laughin at me cause I ain't movin nowhere no time soon. But notice they on the left. But then why they still in touching distance. I thought you supposed to soar and when you step in the door it's like a roar but here I am and here I stand. Like cement in my legs I stand firm in the sand. But he said build your house on a rock, and as the days go by I feel like I’m sinking in quick sand, cause everything so quick and I just feel like I be missin. Some say live for today like there's no tomorrow because there's so much sorrow and so much hurt so why do I even keep on this shirt. That reads BIG BOLD AND BRIGHT CHRISTIAN. That don’t seem like it my mission, but better yet it’s a duty and I’m just like the nigga who ain't tryna to that, runnin away from the draft fakin a name. Or better yet whoever that nigga name was, oh yea Jonah. But back to these folks who doubtin me, thinkin I'm only a nigga who dumb and just up in the class to pass time. No ma'am, I make time. Cause he say honor your father and mother and your days will be long amongst the earth . . . I just wanna clean from hurt, but ain't it a trip when everyone around stuck in the dirt, dirty as all get out so I’m feelin crazy like I’m holding on to a dream--a fairytale. Somethin like Cinderella and that Prince. My girls tellin me there ain't such a prince and so I wince inside hopin I ain't livin a lie. But to die is gain and my aim is . . . I think to be where he is in the sky. Niggas getting high and I'm just sittin on the side smiling like crap is ok, and even in the circle in which I call a safe zone there are really wolves in sheep's clothing. I’m willing to continue but I just wanna know when I’m get mine. So I look up and peer at that mist in the distance. Tryin to see past, hope for that that I don’t see. For this is what they call faith. Even though I’ve lost every friend I’ve ever had. They like baggage on me, even though they done gone on about they business. Is it because I want to be them, or do I love them. Praying for them . . . while I pray for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment